JOB DESCRIPTION: Full Stack WordPress Developer
CreativeMMS is an interactive digital and marketing agency that aims to bring client’s ideas into focus. With our clients, we formulate digital strategies that build, market and optimize the digital experience. CreativeMMS solutions uniquely leverage technology and data to drive agile marketing and create breakthrough user experiences. Insights from this approach deliver on bottom line results.
We are looking for a Full Stack WordPress Developer to work closely with the Lead Developer and Account Managers to estimate and plan web based projects. This position will be contribute to the development of the miscellaneous web based initiatives that are consistent with the company’s roadmap and future. Provide technical advice to aid in the direction of the business’ web development initiatives for clients. Create and maintain project documentation and experience working with QA for testing (mobile and desktop), bug tracking, security patches, etc.
- 4+ years experience in web development (full stack)
- Advance experience of existing WordPress Core functions
- Advanced experience with WordPress Custom Themes
- Development of plugins, widgets and custom post types written to conform with WordPress coding standards
- Creation of clean, logical, well documented and reusable code
- Knowledge of WordPress Network (Multisite) beneficial. * Good understanding of cross-platform and cross-browser issues.
- Strong PHP5+ Knowledge, Understanding and Development Skills
- Solid MySQL skills – queries, optimization, indexing, complex relationships and joins, as well as data architecture Experience w/ eCommerce, PCI Compliance, Security, etc.
- Fundamental Linux command line knowledge, LAMP understanding (PHP.ini, httpd.conf, etc)
- Application and understanding of common design patterns, security techniques, and best practices.
- REST API experience (usage required and development)
- Ability to integrate and understand 3rd party API’s in various formats (XML, JSON, etc)
- Experience with deployments and automated procedures
- Experience with version control (Git)
- Experience with package management systems and task runners(Bower, npm, gulp, etc.)
- Bonus experience with AngularJS, ReactJS or NodeJS but not needed
Cultural / Character Requirements
- A Team Player
- Ability to get things done without micromanagement within tight deadlines
- Experience in an Agency settings, working with multiple clients at one time
- Demonstrated ability to manage time efficiently
- Strong written and spoken communication skills
- Open to receiving & implementing feedback (client and team based)
- Previous history working remotely w/ team
- Familiarity with Agile/SCRUM workflow’s
- Philadelphia Region Required (within 1 hour of Center City)
- Make backend website changes to existing sites
- Code up new web tools and functionality using WordPress, PHP and MySQL
- Work with Development team to code designs into WordPress Themes
Tasks are assigned through a project management tool. We communicate through internet tools such as Slack and Skype, as well as the occasional onsite meeting. Each role within a project is clearly identified through our process, such that our developers are provided easy-to-follow instructions and close communication with the project manager for that project. Tasks will be very detailed with clear deadlines and direction. Our developers are not required to interface with clients but may do so in certain circumstances as determined by the project manager.
- Hourly – dependent on experience